Why Do Women Wear Makeup?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Why Do Women Wear Makeup?

Sharailyn Richard, Staff Writer

The definition of beauty is a combination of qualities such as shape, color, or form. Some girls do not feel they meet up to this standard; therefore, they use makeup to cover up their natural beauty.  Audrey Hepburn says, “Makeup can only make you look pretty on the outside, but it doesn’t help if you’re ugly on the inside.” Agreeing to disagree, girls choose makeup to feel pretty or to just wear it because they truly like it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing makeup, although girls often tend to wear it every day. That can sometimes harm their skin. Girls often wear makeup to impress males, but not all boys like it. Xzavier Phillips, a Seagoville High School senior,  says makeup is ugly on a girl simply because he feels there isn’t a need for it.

Some girls wear just lashes and say it’s natural even though it is still considered to be makeup. On special occasions or parties some girls will only put on special foundation or blush for that night. There are many various reasons for why girls wear makeup  Meghan Markle says, “You can be a woman who wants to look good and still stand up for the equality of women. There’s no uniform for feminism.” The important message to take away from this is to be yourself whether it is natural or with makeup.

Be who you are and be a proud and strong woman.